Tuesday, February 12, 2008

And We're having a...

So today was the big day! We found out if we are having a BOY or a GIRL!!! ;) This morning we dropped Tate off at our friend Krista's place (this is the 1st time we've EVER left him with anyone (well, besides my parents 1 or 2 times when they were out visiting) so it was kinda weird! But Tate absolutely LOVES Krista - and her little boy Josiah is his bestest buddy, so I had no qualms about leaving him with her for a while. Really...I'm picky too! She is pretty much the only person I trust to leave him with out here so far! I'm not much for dropping Tate off at any babysitters or even getting people to babysit him here though. Normally, we just take him wherever we go, or else 1 of us goes and the other 1 stays home with Tate. ANYWAYS...back to the real topic at hand!!! This morning Jonathan and I found out if baby #2 is (most likely) a BOY or a GIRL!! (can you tell I'm stalling? ;) ). Soooo, if you don't want to know whether we're having a boy or girl STOP READING HERE!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Okay, so obviously you want to know, because you are still reading! If you remember, I guessed BOY and Jonathan guessed GIRL and all of the people who left guesses on my last post guessed BOY!!! But according to the ultrasound we are having a GIRL!!!! Now, I am definitely more skeptical about a girl verdict than a boy verdict because I know lots of people who were supposed to have girls but had boys...however, it REALLY looked like a girl...Jonathan said that there is "no way it is a boy!" because he said it was just SO obvious. Well, it was...but I'm not going to rush out and buy anything pink or purple yet! ;) So there you have it...a girl. Tate is gonna (95% for sure! - i have to leave at least 5% chance for error! hehe) have a little sister to love and adore!

I didn't get any pics of the baby though because she (95% for sure she! haha) was actually facing my back so the Dr. couldn't even really get a look at her face...oh well! Everything else was perfect though and the baby is still due to arrive on June 4th - only 4 months away! I can't wait! :)

And I gotta add at least 1 picture in here...so here's our big brother-to-be. :)

P.S. A new contest will be starting tomorrow!! :)

20 comments:

thekirnancrib said...

congrats!!! yaaayyyyy!!!!!

Melissa said...

OOOOH, I am so happy for you! A little girl! Congrats to you all!

Erin said...

This was such a cute post, Andrea!! Well, congrats again!!!! :) Big brother Tate is looking like his always adorable self also...glad he had fun at his friends house!

MommyKnows said...

YAY! That is so exciting! Girls are fun.

MK xo

Mrs. Hurzeler said...

Congratulations Guys. You guys are such great parents, I am learning so many things. Have you guys considered names? That is a real fun part. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes real well. God Bless.
~Carrie-Lee~

emily said...

that is so exciting! As the mother of two girls, I can say that girls are just so fun! Wonderful news!

Wendy said...

YAY! That's fabulous news:} Lani wants you to tell Tate that girls are awesome!! LOL!!!

Donna said...

YEAH! Girls are fun, until they get a bit older (HAHA. My girl is such a drama queen/teeny bopper at 7. Yikes.
It starts so soon.

Girls are wonderful though...boys too.

1 of each is fun!

Robyn Jones said...

Congrats! How exciting...a girl!

Aimee said...

Congrats! Girls are so much fun - well, boys are too! :) So happy for you!

Stacey said...

Awe! That's so cool! I can't wait to hear what name you pick for her!

Stacey said...

Oh yeah, thanks for entering my contest!

asdf said...

If you have a girl, and she gets married, then you she will no longer have your last name. It is really good that you had a boy to continue on your family name. If I had only girls, my family name wouldn't go on. I would be so afraid of my family name not continuing...Just kidding. Congratualtaions on having a new little one!

Stacey Moore said...

congrats!! now you will have the Best of both worlds!! brother and sister bonds are the best!! enjoy!!

Andrea said...

Ooooh... Exciting! Congratulations on a baby girl!!!!!!! We have boy, girl. =)

Pam said...

Congrats! Yeah!

Regina said...

WooHoo, Congrats to you!!

Kelly said...

Wow a girl! I was curious to know what you were having because you said your pregnancy was the same as with Tate jus like my pregnancy is going just like my daughters. If yours can feel the same and be a different sex maybe mine can too! That would be a shock since I have convinced myself it's another girl. On another note, June 4th is my b-day! Yeah!!!!

Ellen said...

WoooHooo!! yay for girls!! I totally know how you feel tho about the 95% thing.. I was the same way - but I did end up buy some pink stuff before Kaelyn was born (mostly garage saling stuff - plus the garage sale season is mostly over by september, so i just couldn't wait).. but whenever someone asked if we knew what we were having, I was like, a girl if they are right (but yeah it was hard not to get too excited) so be excited!!

jennwa said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 :: Image Credit by Cliona

Back to TOP